- Stop drinking high protein liquid drink (No creamy shakes)
- No red dye
- No caffeine, carbonation or calories
- Stop drinking decaf coffee and tea
Choose one serving (8 ounces) of the following at least three times per day:
Clear low sodium broth
Any broth must be strained of any solids. You may use any type of brother (beef, chicken, vegetables), cooking stock or bullion cubes.
Sugar-free gelatin, no red color
one to two sugar-free popsicles
You are unable to have fruit juice bars, sugar-free fudgesicles or sugar-free pudding pops. They must be 20 calories or less for each popsicle, no red color.
Water-based fluids to satisfy your daily fluid goal: water, plain or flavored
Sugar-free water enhancers may have up to five calories per serving, which is allowed.
Limit one per day:
Electrolyte drinks or water enriched with vitamins
It is very important to maintain hydration during the pre-surgery liquid diet.
Drink at least 8 ounces between the sugar-free gelatin and/or broth meals.
No decaf coffee or tea
OPTIONAL: Clear Protein Liquid Drinks
- These protein drinks must contain protein from whey protein isolate. No other proteins allowed
- You can have these for breakfast or lunch only